Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Bio-Mimicry: Wire Experimentation




In these wire experiments we are trying to get to know our materials more. The wire is a very flexible material when it is thin, but as it grows in thickness it is extremely hard to bend.  For these experiments I wanted to use the thin wires to recreate patterns and movement within the artichoke. The artichoke has numerous movement directions not only depending on what angle you view it from, but also how you slice it. I used the outer shell as inspiration for my pieces. The shell is made of up very organize petal in a the form of a loop. Therefore, while working on this project I wanted to focus on those loops. I made the loops vary in directions and patterns using different color wires to differentiate.

No comments:

Post a Comment