Saturday, October 13, 2018

Emperor Robe : Progress










 For this project I decided to recreate an emperor's robe. I took many influences from countries such as Japan, China, and Vietnam for my designs. The robe is made of raw silk which is often associated with Asia. I chose to print the robe in red and gold, a common color found in almost every Asian country. The color red represents luck while the gold represents wealth. I wanted to challenge myself by hand sewing everything from scratch. Although it was very time consuming and hard, I have no regret. The process was very tedious, but looking at the product and being able to say I hand sewed everything myself is the biggest reward. I've learned so much through hand sewing that I wouldn't have been able to if I would've relied on a machine.

No comments:

Post a Comment